We keep a Downside First Focus
with our clients
Robert Miller, CFA
Chief Executive Officer
Robert E. Miller, CFA, is Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Frontier Asset Management, LLC. He, alongside Founding Principal, Gary A. Miller, CFA, established the firm in Sheridan, Wyoming, in 2000. He became a firm principal in 2006, was named Managing Principal in 2015, and became CEO in 2020.
He is responsible for the vision, strategic direction, and performance of Frontier. Serving as a mentor for his leadership team, he helps ensure the proper resources are in place as the company grows. Rob spends time inspiring and positioning his staff for success. He manages the internal and day-to-day operations, offers ongoing support to the sales team, and continues to look for opportunities to better serve advisors and their clients.
Rob serves as a member of the Investment Committee. He designed Frontier’s proprietary portfolio management, tax management, and trading systems, which are instrumental in the management of Frontier’s strategies.
Beginning his career in the financial services industry in 1998, Rob worked for Portfolio Management Consultants (PMC), with Gary A. Miller, CFA, as an Investment Analyst intern. In 1999, he joined the Private Consulting Group as an Asset Allocation Analyst.
- BA in Economics from Whitman College with a Computer Science minor
- Chartered Financial Analyst® Charterholder and a member of the CFA Institute
- Member of the CFA Institute and the Colorado Society of Security Analysts
More About Rob
- He played soccer and lacrosse for Whitman College.
- He actively volunteers for many nonprofits in Sheridan
- Served as vice chair for Volunteers of America of the Northern Rockies.
- He enjoys camping, fishing, and skiing in the Big Horn Mountains with his family.
- During the spring and fall, he’s on the field coaching youth soccer.